Apex Staffing is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with Apex Staffing. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed
- professional and business directories available to the public
- certain public registries and court records
- certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you
Apex Staffing is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes.
2. We let you know why we collect your personal information
Apex Staffing identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
Apex Staffing obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Apex Staffing will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information such as medical data or personal financial information.
- Apex Staffing will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply
- a customer relationship already exists
- express consent has previously been given
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you